Swap and Shop
Swap and Shop is a free service provided by the Westcoast Amateur Radio Association, and is for the non-commercial buying and selling of amateur radio & related equipment and accessories. Please email your requests to Swap and Shop Web Editor, Faith, (va7ana at shaw dot ca).
We will place them on the web, and announce them at the end of the regular WARA Monday net. Each listing will be posted for a minimum of four weeks, after which we MAY delete it. Please include a current email address and/or a telephone number where people can contact you. Please contact us again once you have finished with your request.
As well, long time member and WARA supporter Rick Williams VE7TK, manages the HF Swap Net. Click here. Donations would be appreciated towards the repair and maintenance of the repeater and this site. Click on the Donate icon in the lower left side of this page.
- Yaesu Quadra Amplifier - Bought new about a year and a half ago. Perfect condition. Produces 1 KW on HF and 6 metres. Completely automatic with all later Yaesu radios and works well with others as well. Fully solid state, no expensive tubes to replace.
Name: Gordon VE7ON
Ph: (604) 533-2978 (Langley, BC)
- Rare find, 5 Element Tri Band Beam manufactured by Telrex, Model TB5ES, 10,15 and 20 mtrs. These antennas were developed full size at frequency, longest element 36 ft, front to back ratio 28db. Original info pamphlet and exploded view assembly drawing available. Encapsulated traps so no creepy crawlies. Contact me for all specs.
Name: Neil VE7EDO
Ph: (250) 544-0531
Email: ve7edo at telus dot net
- Kenwood TS570D Transceiver with Kenwood PS-50 power supply, $550.00
- Kenwood TS-50 HF Transceiver, $250.00
- Heathkit HA-14 Linear amplifier with HP-24 power supply, $300.00
Ph: (250) 384-1546
Ph: (250) 629-3651
- Butternut HF9V 26 foot Vertical with counterpoise (cost new HF9V $519.00 counterpoise $205.00). Antenna has all original manuals and is mounted and being used now.
Price: $350.00 for both
Name: Fred VE7BLZ
Ph: (604) 856-1521 (Aldergrove, Langley Township)
Email: fjohn63 at telus dot net
I am moving and wish to dispose of a few microwave parts:
- Copper waveguide section, transitions, circulators, magnetron, apertures, detectors, attenuator, polarization rotator, rotation gimbal, etc.
- Two gold plated wave meters (stub piston with knob counter, attenuator and detector).
- One rack mount 10 GHz signal generator (gold plated piston tuned Klystron with calibrated mechanical counter), tube based operation. Manual included. Insulated tuning rod needs repair.
What a deal! Free with all that heavy gold plating? You must take the whole lot. No shipping, pickup only.
Name: Robert VE7CYB
Ph: (778) 653-8445 (Richmond BC)
THINKING of LEAVING AMATEUR RADIO -- CLEARING OUT SALE:
TOWERS & RELATED
- DELHI 56' Self-supporting. Seven 8' sections. Down & ready to go. $350.00
- 60' Self-supporting. Galvanized-steel, commercial light duty. Six 10' sections w/ house bracket +. $150.00
- NEW 20' Long Aluminium Mast. 2" OD ~Sched 40. $50.00
- Hy-Gain TH-3 Three-element trapped 3-Bander [20/15/10] $200.00
- Hy-Gain DB-1015A Rare 3-element trapped Duo-Bander [10/15] $200.00
- Hy-Gain TH-6 Six-element trapped 3-Bander [20/15/10] $300.00
- Wilson System-1 Five-element trapped 3-Bander [20/15/10] Expertly refurbished. $300.00
- 4-element Gem Quad Canadian classic. Typically configured as a 3-to-5 Bander [20/17/15/12/10] $400.00
- 2-element Gem Quad Small footprint. Typically configured as a 3-to-5 Bander [20/17/15/12/10] $200.00
- Delta Loop Antennas DL 1520 Four-element “Big Horn” Delta Duo-Bander [20/15] $250.00
- Avanti PDL-2 Famous/innovative/unique 11 or 10m 2-element Quad. 3 available. $50.00 & $75.00 & $100.00
- ANTRON 99 11 or 10m vertical. $50.00
- DIAMOND DP-2SL Mobile 5/8 wavelength antenna. NEW in the box. Complete w/ lip-mount. $40.00
- AS P-676 Mobile 5/8 wavelength antenna. 3 dB Gain. NEW in the mailing tube. $35.00
- SM-41 RV, Van or Truck Side-mount AM antenna. NEW in sealed package. $10.00
- ARCHER 38" S/S replacement whip. NEW in sealed package. $10.00
- 103" whips. Fiberglass. OFFERS
- 2m Yagi. Five-element heavy duty, wide-spaced, element spacing is adjustable [= project]. $25.00
- 2m Corner Reflector w/ Bow-Tie Dipole Radiator. Heavy duty, commercial-grade. $25.00
- 2m/220/440 half-parabolic picket-fence-type reflector. Commercial-Grade [NEW in the box]. $50.00
- Cushcraft A270-10S 5+5-element 2m & 440 MHz Yagi. $100.00
- Sinclair Mod. 307 7-Element ~455 MHz Yagis in original heavy-duty fiberglass radomes. OFFERS
- Commercial 5-Element FM Band Yagis. Use as is for 88-102 MHz FM, or convert to 2m or 6m. $40.00
- 8’ DIA expanded-mesh type aluminium parabolic dish. Ex-SAT TV C-Band. Mount incl. $25.00
MOUNTS for Satellite Dishes -- or Sat. Yagis. Heavy Duty. OFFERS or they'll go to the scrap bin.
FIBERGLASS POLES. Hollow/helically-wound. 15' long. 2" tapering to ~1-5/8". ~NEW. OFFERS
- LMR-900-FR ~7/8” OD braided copper shield w/ ~3/16” hollow-copper-tube center. NEW ~220’ end roll. OFFERS
- 75 Ohm NEW CATV type ~11/16” OD solid aluminium shield w/ 1/8” solid copper center. ~207’ end roll. OFFERS
- RG-11 NEW partial roll-end. Will cut to order @ half-price new.
- NEW Belden 9880 very low loss 50 Ohm w/ solid center conductor. Will cut to order @ half-price new.
- NEW Belden 89880 very low loss 50 Ohm w/ solid center conductor. Will cut to order @ half-price new.
- USED Heliax Several reasonably-long lengths, w/ conncectors, in good condition. OFFERS
- RG-214 Two ~120' lengths w/ SO-239 connectors. USED but in excellent condition. Each $100.
- RG-223/MIL-C-17 NEW partial roll-end. Will cut to order @ half-price new.
- RG-59 NEW partial roll-end. Will cut to order @ half-price new.
- Two large colour CRT-type computer monitors & 1 small analogue TV [excellent for RTTY or ?].
Name: Karol VE7KFM
Ph: (250) 383-4242 (often on answering machine)
- Ten-Tec Argonaut V HF rig with mic. TXCO, heatsink fan, original manual and original shipping box. $600.00
- Yaesu G-800SA rotator and controller with approximately 75 feet of control cable, manual, schematic, original box and both north and south centred indexes. $250.00
Local pick-up preferred.
Name: Rick VE7TK
Email: ve7tk at yahoo dot ca
Ph: (250) 479-3901
updated Jun 10/13
- Garmin Street Pilot NEMA-capable GPS receiver. GPS is APRS-ready and contains all cable needed to interface to a radio, $250.00
- HP Travelmate PDA has built-in WiFi and GPS receiver, $100.00
Name: Patty Anne VA7PTY
Email: palea at telus dot net
Updated: May 20/13
- ICOM IC 751 HF Transceiver, $500.00
- ICOM AT 100 Automatic Antenna Tuner, $250.00
- ICOM Desk Top Mic IC-5M6, $50.00
- Time Wave DSP-9 ( Digital Signal Processor), $100.00
- Low pass filter, $10.00
- 49 feet of RG 213/U coax cable, $40.00
- All of these items may be seen on Used Victoria
Name: Bob VE7DHR
Ph: (250) 385-4209
updated May 14/13
- 40 ft Antenna tower plus 10 ft mast. Tower is designed to be mounted in the ground with a house bracket farther up. $150.00
- Windows XP PC. Computer has been fully upgraded and 100% functional. $75.00
Name: Murry VE7WMS
Phone: (250) 479-6448
- 10, 17, 40 meters band modules for the Ten-Tec 555.
Name: Henk, VA7HV
Email: va7hv at telus dot net